I know I'm way tardy on this challenge. And tardy on blogging as my last post was in November. But here's brief recap of some of the things that happened since November:
1) My big beast zombie apocalypse Excursion went into transmission death throes and we had to ditch it and buy a new vehicle way sooner than planned.
2) We found out that we are moving to Germany and thought our move date would be January, February or maybe March.
3) We frantically finished the kitchen renovation and started and eventually finished putting a loft into our home in preparation to sell it.
4) That whole Christmas/holiday thing.
5) Found out that -Psych!! - we aren't leaving for Germany until May. Maybe July or August.
So instead of feeling guilty about not living up to quilting, blogging and challenge expectations, I prefer to just say, "Life happened. I handled it. And now I'm back."
Like a lot of my quilts and minis, I designed this to give me ample negative space to play with in the quilting phase. I even used Superior Threads Silver Metallic to create additional strips in the design.
In addition to the provided Michael Miller fabric I used Kona Black and some charm squares from a Robert Kaufman pack called Sparkle.
Here's my favorite:
This mini finished at 17.5 x 27 inches. I have entered it in the Pahrump Pins and Needles Quilt and Needle Art Show.
Thanks for stopping by today. Linking up to Finish It Up Friday and Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?