So what have I been working on? Trying hard to finish my Fall Out quilt. I learn from every quilt I make, especially if I try something new, and this one was no exception. The heavily quilted borders and trying to match the binding sometimes made me want to throw it out the window. I spent a good part of yesterday with a seam ripper after discovering that my tension was way off on the green border. Luckily the feathers were fine, it was the close matchstick quilting that suffered so out it came. I went a little slower when I re-did the quilting and didn't have any trouble.
My only problem was that I really didn't want to hand sew the binding on the reverse. This quilt isn't for a show, it is to give to a family who I hope will use it a lot. So I wanted the binding to be secure enough to last through many trips in the washing machine. (Plus I hate hand binding. I know some people find it relaxing. I am not one of those people.)
So I decided to carefully sew the back binding down in a way that would catch the front binding as well. This is tricky and there were a few spots (so far) that I had to go back and 'fix' on the front side. But mostly it's working out. Here's a section that is done. I still have two more to go. And then about a billion threads to bury.
I'm also taking this jar of fabric treats to use as birthday favors:
this tutorial for these darling treats. They are super easy to make. I can't wait to be the candy man at our meeting tonight for all the birthdays we've had so far this year.
Okay, so one more thing. I'm still completely in love with my new logo, done by the amazingly talented Elizabeth Young. (Leave me a comment if you'd like her contact info.) And I've been playing with some designs for quilt labels using Pic Monkey and Spoonflower. I haven't ordered anything yet but here's my current progress:
Thanks for coming by today. I hope you find your happy place.
Linking up to WIP Wednesday at FreshlyPieced.com and Let's Bee Social at SewFreshQuilts.blogspot.com